What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How much piano hinge was used for the flaps?

danielhv

Well Known Member
Anybody remember if it was the entire length that came with the kit? Or did you cut it to fit? Reason I ask, is I need 6" of hinge for the trap doors... so if each piece from the kit can spare 3", then I'll steal it from there... if not, I'll order some more (third part order this week! :eek:)

56 inches

The hinge on the flap is 56 inches. You might need a couple of extra eyes to position is properly.

Use the hinge from the trim tab hinge. The hinge that comes with the trim tab hinge isn't used on the real plane -- it is replaced with a longer hinge from the fuselage kit.

Use the hinge from the trim tab hinge. The hinge that comes with the trim tab hinge isn't used on the real plane -- it is replaced with a longer hinge from the fuselage kit.

Its riveted to the trim tab/elevator... :confused: Why would they want me to use a different hinge after telling me to rivet it on there?

The hinge on the flap is 56 inches. You might need a couple of extra eyes to position is properly.

Good deal, there is plenty there then... about 72" per section IIRC. I wont need them for anything else will I? I only need 3" from each 72" section. :)

Back