What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How easy does your slider slide

Boxhead

I'm New Here
How easy does everybodys slider slide? Does it slide back under its own weight once over the hump? Do you need to push it all the way? Do you need to use 2 fingers? A foot maybe? A 4 pound hammer? A 6 pound hammer? A gas axe??
At what stage did you call it done? When to move on?????? How many *&^%$# times did you try and make it better? :confused:
Any little tricks you used would be appreciated!
Thanks
Boxhead

Just finished a 'fix' for my -8. Changed the UHMW slider block for one made of delrin, and it's smooth as glass. I've tried just about everything over the years with limited success and have found the delrin block to be the 'cure'. From canopy release, it will slide back on its own weight. Hope this helps.

My conpy slides smoothly but it takes a good pull all the way from the friction of the side skirts. I have to brag that my skirts fit perfectly to the fuselage so they are in contact until the canopy is almost all the way open. I put a drawer pull handle on the back of the canopy and it makes it very easy to open from the outside.

Back