What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hose clamp on nose gear leg fairing

647jc

Well Known Member
Can?t seem to find a part number for the hose clamp used to fasten the nose gear leg fairing to the gear leg just above the wheel yoke. The plans call out for a 3/8? hose clamp (I assume the 3/8? is referring to the band width) but when I order a hose clamp for that diameter I get one with a band width of 9/16? which makes the whole thing too large and interferes with the front half of the wheel pant. The parts I have tried are QS200-12 and QS200-16 from AS. Anyone know where I can get a 3/8? band width clamp this diameter? Maybe I should just try the local auto parts store.

Aviation aisle at Lowes or ACE...

I get all my hose clamps there... Didn't even think there was a part number specified (never even thought to look :rolleyes:)

I used a stainless hose clamp from my local hardware chain. Ended up being the same brand as the kit-supplied clamps for the main leg fairings. Sorry, I don't remember the size I used.

I honestly don't think size is critical here. I just grabbed one off my shelf that worked.

Back