What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hooters Hotel

glenn654

Well Known Member
Has anyone stayed in the Hooters Hotel in Lakeland? Is this place a clean, quiet and decent place? Are the beds etc good and comfortable?
The room rate is good (65/night), good location but that is all I know about it.

glenn654

Good to fair place to stay. Good location from the airshow. There are plenty of hotels along that street to stay at, several to stay away from. Get the rate in writing as it is customary in that area to jack the rate up during SnF and try to stick unknowing tourists.

Motel 6...Minus 5.

glenn654 said:
Has anyone stayed in the Hooters Hotel in Lakeland? Is this place a clean, quiet and decent place? Are the beds etc good and comfortable?
The room rate is good (65/night), good location but that is all I know about it.

glenn654
Hi Glenn - I stayed at the Lakeland Hooters Hotel 2 years ago during SNF and it was horrid. Not clean, not quiet, not comfy. I couldn't believe Hooters had their name on the place.

The restaurant's proximity to your hotel room is a benefit and worth something. Getting a beer or 3 and some wings right beside your hotel is nice. The scenery ain't bad either if you don't mind tight orange shorts over sheer panty hose.

I'd seriously consider finding someplace else if they haven't completely remodeled the joint, maybe within walking distance to the restaurant. I haven't been back. JMHO!

Last edited:
hooters hotel

Unless they have totally rebuilt this hotel I would not stay there. I travel for my work every other week and this is a place that I would not stay at no matter what. This place is dirty loud and does not seem very safe.
Best regards
Jon Hubbell
RV-6 N700JL Flying
RV-10 Building

Why not rent a villa for the week and sell out the rooms ?

We come across to Sun n Fun most years from the UK. I rent a 4 bed villa around Kissimmee or Haines City - costs about $800 - $1100 per week. Now that will sleep 8 or 10 people - that's a max of $137 for the week each person !

For that you get a comfortable house, pool, laundry (guess you need a woman to run that), equipped kitchen and above all, the ability to meet other RVers, tell lies and tall stories and drink beer :D

Us Brits are hopefully having a meet at the end of the food tent closest to the beer vendor on Thursday around 4 p.m. If anyone wants to come along - feel free.

Thanks for the good info guys.
Mike, I will try to look you and the other Brits up @ SNF if possible.

Glenn

Back