What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hooker Harness Prices

NewGuy

All,

I just talked to Scott at Hooker Harnesses about the restraint system for my 7 and he said the standard RV system was $240 per seat.

Is this what all of you are paying?

$500 for the set?

Ouch!

No... we had the wife give us a pair of hookers for Christmas. :D

All,

I just talked to Scott at Hooker Harnesses about the restraint system for my 7 and he said the standard RV system was $240 per seat.

Is this what all of you are paying?

$500 for the set?

Ouch!

Radomir's Crow's are just as nice as my Hookers though.

I just bought Crow's with Camlock latches for $120 each. After shipping it came to $254. Sweet! Great customer service, too...tell them it's for an airplane and they'll have you talk with their knowledgable airplane guy.

You can buy the harness pads and snaps from Hooker for the shoulder harnesses and use them with the Crow's. Poor-man's Hooker Harnesses.

Those that bought the Crow's, what model did you get? Will they fit the normal crotch strap kit?

These look really nice with the pads:

2873879740042045769S600x600Q85.jpg

my Crow order

I purchased the Crow seat belts for my rV7a, this is what I speced. I believe the #1112 was the model. You have a choice of 2 inch or 3 inch belts. I wanted 2 inch. The standard belts are 50 inches, I asked for 54 inches across waist. Hope this helps.

50" BELTS: ROTARY KAM LOCK
? Rotary Kam Lock 5-Way Driver Restraint.
? 50" Seat Belt Bolt In.
? Pull Down Adjustment.
? Vee-Type Harness Bolt In.
? Anti-Submarine Belt Bolt In.

With 54 inch across waist belts, 2 inch wide belts, grey, with 1/4 inch
hardware for use in an RV7a experimental airplane.

Pull-up vs. pull-down

I purchased the Crow seat belts for my rV7a, this is what I speced. I believe the #1112 was the model. You have a choice of 2 inch or 3 inch belts. I wanted 2 inch. The standard belts are 50 inches, I asked for 54 inches across waist. Hope this helps.

50" BELTS: ROTARY KAM LOCK
? Rotary Kam Lock 5-Way Driver Restraint.
? 50" Seat Belt Bolt In.
? Pull Down Adjustment.
? Vee-Type Harness Bolt In.
? Anti-Submarine Belt Bolt In.

With 54 inch across waist belts, 2 inch wide belts, grey, with 1/4 inch
hardware for use in an RV7a experimental airplane.

Tom... wouldn't a pull-up adjustment on the belts be slightly easier in our somewhat cramped side by side cockpits?

gil A

To clarify... pull xx means that xx is the direction you tug on the seat belt ends to tighten them after you have put the belts....

Seat Restraints

If you live near a local circle track or drag racing supply house you can go in and have a look at the belts.

I bought Simpson 5 point harness for my -8 for $100.00 a set. But--- that was 3 years ago.

Seat Belts

Ok, so I have been heads down running fuel lines, but it dawned on me there is no attachemnt point for the crotch strap. Where does it go? The Crow harnesses also look good,is there a down side? I must admit I wasn't thrilled about spending $500 for Hookers.

I used the Vans crotchstrap kit. Easy install, here's a shot.
RV7270.jpg

to keep thread drift to a minimum, I plan on ordering Crow belts

Crow will make your belts pull up or pull down. I am going to have them change mine to pull up. Also the shoulder harnesses need to be ordered 12" longer than stock. When I returned mine to get longer shoulder harness they didn't even charge for shipping. A great company to do business with. Don

Back