What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hooker Harness Group Buy

BigglesRV7A

Well Known Member
Fellow Builders,

With Doug's permission I would like to canvas interest in initiating another Hooker Harness Group Buy.
Looking up the archives it's approximately 2 years since the last one was conducted and I'm hoping there will be enough builders interested to support another Group Buy.

Cheers, Greg:)

If they arent game, how about Crow. Seems lots of builders have been very happy with theirs if Hooker isnt interested?

Thanks for asking, Greg. For a couple of years now I've had a policy of limiting the use of the forums for group buys to companies that advertise on the site (anywhere in the site - not just the forums).

Not trying to be a tool....just trying to keep Coco Puffs in my kid's stomachs.

If they would be interested in advertising (and some of the ads can be had for literally a dollar a day), they can contact me here.

Kindest,
Doug

Thanks Doug,

I sincerely understand your position. Hoping it will be OK to judge the response through this forum and then get a reply from Hooker Directly stating the 'Potential' interest with a rider for their contribution to further advertise on your site. I would be happy to facilitate this communication though not wishing to stand on any toes either.

Cheers, Greg

Thanks Doug,

I sincerely understand your position. Hoping it will be OK to judge the response through this forum and then get a reply from Hooker Directly stating the 'Potential' interest with a rider for their contribution to further advertise on your site. I would be happy to facilitate this communication though not wishing to stand on any toes either.

Cheers, Greg

No problemo, Greg. Thanks again! Tell 'em they'll make their money back in a week on this thing. No foolin.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think it's funny when somebody says "Count me in for a set of hookers?"
:D

Van's seatbelt risk reduction

VH-DAN RV8 needs hooker harness as Vans Harness is too risky upside down...:eek::eek::eek:

I too wished I had the Hooker seat belt design, and was concerned about the Vans 5 point belt accidently coming lose when I was upside down. To reduce this possibility, I went to Wal-mart's aircraft parts department and procured these seat belt pads:
http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt228/willymac104/Aircraftseatbelts002.jpg

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt228/willymac104/Aircraftseatbelts003.jpg
For anyone doing negative Gs, you really should have that second seat belt. I can release the the two belts and pad with one hand in about 3 seconds.

To add a little more cushion on the shoulder harnesses, Wal-Mart has some of these too: http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt228/willymac104/Aircraftseatbelts006.jpg You may also notice the black thing in the back/front of my hat that holds the spectacles down during negative Gs so I can read my instruments.

Bill McLean
RV-4
Sky Dancer

Hooker update

Ladies & Gents,

WOW, a lot gets to happening in 12 hours. I have sent an email to Scott at Hooker Harnesses and awaiting his reply.

Will also follow-up with a phone call today ................Watch this space......

Doug, would like to send you a copy of the email I forwarded to Scott for your information. Can you please send me a note to reply to?

Hoping we can put together a great deal for everyone here.

Cheers, Greg

Hooker/Crow Harnesses

Need something for my soon to be completed 7a...I'll see which brand you guys go with..I'm interested...

count me in as well

Put me down for a set of Hookers. The Vans set just doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies upside down either :)

We are just about ready for paint. Haven't made plans for belts yet. I'll check with the other partners and let you know, but probably. This will be for a 10. Haven't look into hooker for the ten, should be good? What are other ten builders using. I did ask at the Hooker booth at Sun & Fun and got a sarcastic responce. Don't know if I want Hooker come to think of it. Hopefully he was only a sales rep.
Ron

I did ask at the Hooker booth at Sun & Fun and got a sarcastic responce. Don't know if I want Hooker come to think of it.
The guy at the Hooker booth at AirVenture two years ago was the most unfriendly and unhelpful person I talked with at the show... I saw the same guy sitting at the booth last year and just kept walking. I'm going Crow!

Hooker Harness initial reply

Builders,

I today have made contact with Scott (Hooker Custom Harness) and dialogued both through email and phone. To this end I have copied his initial reply below for your information:

.............We are currently preparing for Oshkosh and will be gone throughout the show and will not return until 3 August 2009. We are currently considering your offer..............

In line with the original intent of this thread and Doug's kind permission, please only respond if your interested in participating in a Hooker Custom Harness group purchase. It is my hope that Hooker will support all interested parties with a mutually acceptable deal after they return from OshKosh.

Sincerely, Greg:)

anyone contacting Crow?

I too would rather go with Crow. Has anyone approached them to advertise here and offer a group buy? Maybe a little competition would be good.

Beer30?

Go Crow! Those guys are very helpfull, appreciate you as a customer and are a family ran business.

Quality is just as good or better and you can have your harness made however you like it.

Their prices are already way lower than even a group buy price on Hookers so I am sure that there is not much room for them to drop their price.

I 'll contact Crow

OK,

I'll contact Crow and see if I can get them interested in advertising and a group buy. No need to reply, but I'm going to assume for my own purposes that anyone that was interested in a group Hooker buy would opt in for Crow if that became the only option.

David Dalton

Yes, I've used the Crow set up on both my RV-10 and RV-7. They are very comfortable, and Fred Crow is wonderful to work with. Will do it again for the current 10, so I will wait to see if we can get a group buy going. Thanks!

Vic

Hooker only for me!

Thanks for your input David,

I purposely didn't want this thread to become a 'bidding war' or 'vendor bashing' arena. I was interested in the Hooker Product and to that end wanted to extend that to anyone else interested in their product as well. Please feel free to do as you please with CROW though I will stick with the Hooker for my RV. Additionally thankyou to the already 23 builders interested in the Hooker. Scott has already indicated he is considering the query and is responding after he returns from OshKosh. We owe it to him and to Doug in hosting this together to work out the extent of what they can mutually accomplish.

Cheers everyone,

Greg:)

In for Crow

In for a full set for my 9A - five point camlock pulldowns, anytime you're ready.

Instead of a group buy to moderate, ask him for a special code number, maybe good for 60 days? Takes the load off of you.

I've seen the Crow workmanship, and was impressed - on par with the 'big boys/big price' names.

RIck

I need a pair of 5 point Hookers for front and rear RV-8a. Crows would be okay as well. Good luck and thanks for the effort, Bill of Georgia Helping the cowlings fit.

Back