What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

hooker Crotch Strap

henriquerv9

Hi everybody,

I bought the standard 4 point seat belt that is in vans catalog, but now i see that is very unconfortable do not have the 5th point when inverted, So i decided to instal de crotch strap kit, but it comes without the harness.

My question is if the 5th point crotch strap that hooker sells is compatible with my actual 4point system, once i didn't found the crotch strap belt in vans catalog, or i need to change all the system.

thanks all in advance.

henrique castro
rv7 92810 flying

There's got to be a better name for that item

Dear Henrique,
I am sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but you gotta change the title to your post. It sounds like an appliance you would find in a cat house.
Cheers

I thought it was like a "time out" in a brothel;

or maybe some type of new handicapping system to equalize earnings;

or not.

Hookers vs Vans Belts

If you are getting into acro seriously,I recommend you sell your Van's belts and install a full set of Hookers. You might add a second lap belt.

I've had too many Van's belts seem latched but pop open. I have little trust in them for anything but x-country flying.

Hooker Harness

I agree that selling the Vans and getting the full set of Hookers is the right approach. The Hookers saved my life last August. They are going right back into the rebuild.

I almost choked

Dear Henrique,
I am sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but you gotta change the title to your post. It sounds like an appliance you would find in a cat house.
Cheers

Are you going to clean the pepsi off of my computer screen??? :D :)

I can't seem to find the crotch strap installation kit drawing. Does anyone have the bolt callout handy?

Hey Bob,

Watch out for this one. If you buy Hookers 5th belt (crotch strap) it is drilled for an AN 4 bolt, or at least the one that I got from him 6 years ago was. Van sends an AN 5 bolt. So make sure you have all the parts before you drill the brackets for the bolt.

Steve Ciha

Hooker and the 5A bolts

An An5 bolt supplied by Vans will not go through the Hooker crotch strap..but there is a bushing in the strap..I called Hooker..they said you could knock the bushing out with no problem..however I decided to "expand" it with a tapered punch which I drove in slightly from both sides..just big enough for the AN5 bolt to slip through..works great...The AN4 bolt was too sloppy in the Vans crotch strap kit to suit me..try this, should work.

Back