What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

High Oil Pressure

Rolly9

My oil pressure is usually a little high at start-up in cool weather, but comes down to the normal range quickly. Last Saturday, it was higher than normal at start-up and did come down to the top of the green after warm-up. But at Mag check (1700) it was too high and I noticed the pressure would follow the rpm but would never fall below 78 or so. My engine is an O-320-D1A with a FP prop. Pressure relief valve? Gauge? Transducer? Thx RC

Me Too!

I had the same problem with my O-320-E2D. I tried several different transducers, but they always seemed to give a high reading, even into the red line. After checking pressures with a real oil pressure gage, I replaced the Van's electric gage system with a Mitchel mechanical gage. I see a reasonable 70 psi almost all the time now.

Thanks Doug. I removed the top cowl and exchanged a direct reading gauge for the line to the transducer. I then started the engine and checked the direct reading gauge. All OK. So that left the xdcer or the gauge. The gauge reads 38psi with no engine running and pegged out when xdcr is shorted out. So I hve ordered a new gauge from Van's. Rolly Clark. '08 -9, 220 hrs.

Back