What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Here we go... time to start

KAPA_flyer

I'm New Here
Once I committed to building an RV after brief flirtations with a curvy gal named Cozy and a newcomer that went by Tango, I ordered the training kit. It has arrived and I'm as excited as a kindergartener on Christmas Eve.

Here it is in all of its metallic glory:

rv-trainer by furrlouw, on Flickr

Last edited:
Good luck with the aluminum. It isn't so bad, once you learn how to work with it. Kind of like learning to work with FG for the first time.

If only I could talk my Cozy friends into an RV...

I know they would like it much better over here on the dark side.

Oh, I know, maybe giving them a ride would help.

Truth is, the Cozy IV is much better plane then the two Velocities I have flown. Much more ballanced in flight. The down side of the Cozy is, it is just cozy when compaired to an RV.

I understand what you mean completely. It is definitely a close fit in there. The biggest draws for me to the Cozy were that I have familiarity working with composites (redneck paper mache') and the idea of building a derivative of a Rutan design.

The Tango might draw in more folks in the future once they've got a large enough built base. Seems like they're trying to crack the code on a budget Lancair ES.

Just a quick update that I've ordered the tools I need to fill in the gaps in my box from Brown Tool (VAF advertiser). Smoking deal compared to other places looked... especially Aircraft Spruce. The shipping difference alone was significant.

Back