What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help with switch selection for AP select

txshan130

Well Known Member
Hi Everyone....first off, Merry Xmas and happy holidays. I am still on the road but plan to be home tomorrow evening...where my new GRT Mini-AP backup EFiS is waiting for me!

Currently, I have an AP select switch that allows me to select ARINC 429 inputs for my Trutrak AP; either the 429 inputs straight from the G430W or the 429 inputs from my GRT EFIS.

I would like to add another option...and have the Mini-AP EFIS be a third input selection for the autopilot. Problem is I can't seem to find a switch for this. I'm sure several of you have already done this..does anyone have a part number and/or source for a switch that would work?

Thanks in advance...I did several searches on the web and forum and just can't seem to find one that would work without a bunch of modifications.

Since ARINC 429 has 4 wires (2 channels in and 2 channels out), Google "4p3t switch" and pick your poison. Most likely a rotary switch to do what you want.

Thx for the reply...only using the out ARINC 429 wires from EFIS, G430, MINI-AP so think I need a DP3T switch after doing some more research...Found a NKK switch p/n M2044SS1W01 that should work. Maybe this will help someone else looking :)

That will work. You don't need to hook up the ARINC from AP to other items. You just need the ARINC into the AP, so just a double pole will work. You could also use 2 dpdt switches, but not as clean.

Back