What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help with QT Halo

BruceEicher

Well Known Member
My radio transmit clarity went down on the last couple flights. I found the tini noise canceling mic was twisted inside its muff and facing up/down.
Does anyone know which side should face your lips? One side of the mic has one large hole, the other side seven small holes.
Also, there is an extra piece of white foam inside the mic muff. Which side should this cover?

On a side note, I grabed my GIB's new David Clark ANC "on the ear" headset inflight to trouble shoot my transmit problem. Her mic was great, but more cockpit noise came through than the Halos and incoming voice was not as good. IMHI.

I have just looked at the mic in my new Halo Head Set. One side of the mic has 7 small holes and the other side has a just one larger hole.
The side of the mic with the single larger hole is the side you speak into.

Hope this helps

Barry
RV6A F-PRVM

I have just looked at the mic in my new Halo Head Set. One side of the mic has 7 small holes and the other side has a just one larger hole.
The side of the mic with the single larger hole is the side you speak into.

Hope this helps

Barry
RV6A F-PRVM

Thanks Barry. Very kind of you to take apart your mic muff to find the answer!

Enjoy your new headset. I love mine.

Cheers to the blue skies!

Thanks Bruce.

It is my second Halo headset bought as a birthday present for my wife.:)
On the issue of the piece of white foam in the mic cover there does not seem to be any in mine.

Barry

Thanks Bruce.

It is my second Halo headset bought as a birthday present for my wife.:)
On the issue of the piece of white foam in the mic cover there does not seem to be any in mine.

Barry

Don't you love it when you can buy aviation toys and call it a gift for your wife? I'm dropping hints that she would love a CS prop. :D

I emailed QT about the foam. Thanks again!

Back