What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help with Andair FS20x7 selector knob installation

Dorfie

Well Known Member
I cannot figure out how to install the selector knob assembly on to the Aerosport CF armrest console. No problem with the installation of the fuel selector itself into the tunnel.
1. The faceplate has 4 screw holes and the baseplate below that has 4 "fingers" with elongated holes that will allow some rotation at the end of each finger. I think the 4 screws through the faceplate must go through the 4 holes in the baseplate (which has the indents for selector positions). I also think the faceplate goes on top of the CF panel and the baseplate directly below the CF armrest panel. Somehow a nuts have to be installed to hold those screws in position. The problem is that it is not possible to get nuts below the screws with the armrest in position.
2. The armrest first has to slide rearward about 3/4 inch to clear from underneath the center console before it can be lifted up. To do this the those 4 screws have to be removed.
The selector knob itself is removable, but parts still protrude above the faceplate which will prevent rearward slide.
I am sure I am missing something simple.
Appreciate your help.
Johan

Got to ask again

I really would like to know how the people that have installed the selector in an Aerosport armrest did it, and how removal of armrest is done or hindered.
Thanks.
Johan

I really would like to know how the people that have installed the selector in an Aerosport armrest did it, and how removal of armrest is done or hindered.
Thanks.
Johan

I thought I answered this in your previous thread:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showpost.php?p=1117431&postcount=3

If you went to mykitlog site, you would have seen the other photos. Like:

FP16112010A000PM.jpg

and

FP16112010A000PL.jpg

The base plate goes underneath the carbon fiber and the selector plate goes on top. Both are bolted the arm rest.

All you have to do is loosen on set screw on the knob and you can remove the arm rest, with the two plates attached.

I thought I answered this in your previous thread:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showpost.php?p=1117431&postcount=3

If you went to mykitlog site, you would have seen the other photos. Like:

FP16112010A000PM.jpg

and

FP16112010A000PL.jpg

The base plate goes underneath the carbon fiber and the selector plate goes on top. Both are bolted the arm rest.

All you have to do is loosen on set screw on the knob and you can remove the arm rest, with the two plates attached.

Bob,
The problem was sliding the armrest rearward to clear from underneath the lower center console with the selector screwed in place. The answer is to remove the front lip of the arm rest that slides under the lower center console (from Geoff). Doing that allows the armrest to be lifted straight up once the selector knob is removed.
Thanks for helping.
Johan

Back