What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help please with page 29-04, F1202B Panel Base!

Bill_H

Well Known Member
Patron
My plans are Revision 3, the latest one for this page.

Three questions:
1. When I cleco in my Panel base, it fits very well at the forward end against the upper firewall. The outboard edges of it there are flush with the side skins. As the panel base heads aft, the sides of it begin to overlap the side skins equally, and at the aft end of the panel base it is extending 1/16 of an inch over the skins on both sides. Should I trim this off to be flush? Note that the longerons have fit perfectly back to the roll bar support and aft of that.

2. In between steps 7 and 8 it refers to attaching F12175 Pilot Handbook tray if you are doing the dual Dynon. Well, I will be doing the dual SKYVIEW so the tray will probably be needed, but since I have not ordered the avionics kit yet I do not have that tray. Will it be difficult to add later? Or will having the front panel pieces still off provide the needed access?

3. Has anyone yet checked anticipated Skyview dimensions to know if the two mid-panel braces F-1202K-L and -R will remain as they are or get replaced? That is, will the panel front remain as three pieces (although they will be 3 different pieces with different cutouts than are currently shipped)? Seems to be like they would remain the same to accomodate the com radio, even it the Transponder becomes the Dynon one.

Thanks!
Bill H.
N412BR reserved, Tail and Wings done, working on fuselage, have all kits on hand except avionics, waiting for Skyview.

To answer my own FIRST question above, a moderate amount of force with a spreader bar makes the base and side skins line up. That could be in place for the drilling of the longerons. It there was any springback, it would just result in a very slight bow to the bottom of the panel base. That seems like an OK option for question 1.
Bill_H

2) You can add the tray later (Tony's plane):

809389925_ZHr4z-L.jpg

Back