What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help Needed - CreativeAir Landing Light Flasher

Toobuilder

Well Known Member
I'm down to finish wiring on the -8 and I'm stuck. Before I let the magic smoke out of the control box, I'm looking for a wiring diagram for the CreativeAir wig wag flasher unit and it would seem that the website is gone. Short of providing a schematic/wiring diagram, can anyone answer a couple of questions?

First, there is a black wire that according to the sticker on the unit controls the flasher pattern - is this a ground seeking circuit or is it looking for 12 volts positive? Is it a momentary activation that steps through multiple patterns? What exactly does this function do?

Second, apparently, the unit has but 2 functions: Flash, and OFF. Can the two output leads (left and right landing light) handle having power applied downstream of the unit so that you can "override" the flash function by directly applying 12 volts to the lamps for the steady on state? Do I need diodes to keep from pushing 12 volts back into the unit, or is it ok as is?

Thanks much!

Last edited:
answers

I have the data sheet and wiring. PM your email and I will scan it and send it.

Answers -
first - when you switch/touch the black wire to 12 volts the flashing pattern changes, so you do it until it is on the flashing pattern you want to use

second - yes it flashes or is off, I wired a two pole 3 position switch so up is wig wag, middle is off, and down lights on.

pm me for more

Back