What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HELP in DFW Area! Engine Mount Hardware

Skykingbob

Well Known Member
HELP within 100 miles of DFW Area! Engine Mount Hardware

Does anyone within 100 miles or so of the DFW area have the hardware to mount an engine in an RV8? We have the Lord mounts but found that we are lacking hardware. We are wanting to install on Sunday morning and could pick it up within 100 miles or so of the DFW area today at your convenience.

We will order new hardware on Monday and have it drop shipped to you from Vans or pay you $$$ whatever you prefer.

This is the Vans hardware kit we need:

https://store.vansaircraft.com/dynafocal-1-engine-mount-bolt-set-for-4-cylinder-engines-ea-dyna-bolt.html

Thank you so much in advance for anyone that can help!!

Feel free to call me: 214-288-9909

Last edited:
Bob’s a great guy so no worries there.
PS: bolt set is the same for all RV models.

Still hoping

We will pick at a public location or a restaurant with a nice meal thrown in as well if you would like :D

Willing to travel up to 100 miles or so drive !!!

Still trying.....we are willing to travel within 100 miles or so of the DFW area today to get the hardware to mount an engine in an RV8? We didn't want to leave out any folks willing to help in the far reaches of DFW area......

Thanks again for your help!

Go ahead with your install and just use hardware store bolts to mount the motor. The bolts are easy to replace after the motor is in place.

As long as you are at the hardware store, purchase a bolt with a longer thread free shank than the ones used for the motor. Cut the threaded end off at a 45 degree. Grind, file and sand all the cut edges so they have nice rounded edges.

Use this bolt to align the mount by inserting it into the mount by hand as you rotate it. You will feel it settle in as the point finds center. At this point, just take a wrench and rotate the bolt as you apply pressure and your mounts will line up.... Remove it and install the bolt.

Note... I did make two because it's easier to work two mounts at a time as you have more movement in your favor.

Hey Vlad!

I have a set Bobsky. Probably too far for you to drive :D

Ahhhhhh.....you are very perceptive my friend....unless I was able to drive at NASCAR speeds:D I thought you may fly them down to my doorstep for something to do! :D:D

Thanks for the tips!

Warren....thanks for the tips....using the hardware from the local supplier is great and your process sounds as though it works easier than I have read with some builders who really have had difficulties.

The problem is without the AN hardware to slip in the mounts after getting them aligned with the hardware store bolts we feel we would be dead in the water...so we are waiting if someone may have the bolts and hardware to we can get the mounts in and get the AN hardware in at once after getting it all aligned.

We really appreciate your reply and are still hoping we get someone locally that has some and reads the thread today.....if we come up with someone we can get the hardware from....we are all over it!!!!

Thanks again!

Back