What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help: how to remove?

Paul Thomas

Well Known Member
Those pins?
33437_447615359342_505529342_5863228_7085946_n.jpg

It's a quick connector
33437_447615359342_505529342_5863228_7085946_n.jpg

I though this tool would do it but I must not know how to use it properly :eek:
34356_447615659342_505529342_5863235_4762851_n.jpg

I feel like I'm having a Bob Collins moment and there is nobody at the airport to help :eek::D:D

I'm trying to troubleshoot an electrical problem; we can hear was we believe to be the voltage regulator on the main circuit when the master (alt + battery) is on but the engine is off. We cannot hear that noise once we pull the breaker for the field. Interesting enough, if you pull the breaker for the sense, it also stops the noise and does not resume once you push it back, unlike the field.

Any help is appreciated as if we can't get proper flight testing, the airplane won't make OSH!

wrong tool

Hello there
Perhaps I can help. The tool you have a photo of is for D-sub pins and not the correct tool for that connector. Not sure what tool would remove those pins.
The voltage regulator is a B and C Specialty LR3 by the looks of it, correct me if I'm wrong. If it is then look at the installation instructions and troubleshooting info supplied with the unit. If you don't have it check the website, here; http://www.bandc.biz/downloads-reference.aspx
Click on the LR3 model you have and a PDF page comes up with the troubleshooting info. Go through it step by step.
Hope this helps get you closer to a solution.
See ya
Phil

Thanks Phil.

We talked to Stein way too many times this weekend (tanks again) and have a game-plan in place. We won't be removing the pins and ditch the plug. We'll replace the plug with a bus-bar, it should make maintenance much easier.

We've worked on it almost non-stop since Friday and still are having problems. My only relief is that experts have failed just like I have... but it would have been better if he fixed it in minutes at 9:00 a.m.

Back