What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help get wheel fairings offf

TLYNCH

Well Known Member
Please how do I get the wheel fairings off?
The plane is on a trailer and need them off quickly before they get scraped by the trailer brackets that hold the wings.
Tim

several small screws hold front and rear halves together and then four screws on each side hold fairings to fixed brackets the bottom small screws are hard to get at you need a small screwdriver or roll the wheels onto wooden blocks so you can access the screws

you should have had my nephew instruct you on the way back for a 20 hr cross country so you wouldn't have to mess with that trailer ! Vans suggested route by Big Bear lake worked out great.

I have had good luck using a Phillips bit and just my fingers on the bottom screws but I have also used the bit in a low profile ratchet like Scott described. If you save the bottom screws for last on removal you can move the wheel pants enough to get a short screw driver on them.

Thank you all

Leaving denver with the rv12 on the trailer. Thanks forthegood advice.
Tim

Steve .... Ha! It's an adventure. Joe has become a friend of the family!

It takes a while to get used to the glass cockpit, I would sit in the plane on the way back & practice with the dynon while your wife drives !!

Back