What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help! 904 Bulkhead issue.

rv9aviator

Well Known Member
I'm having a problem understanding the instructions on assembling the F633 Control mounts, WD-610 control column, and Wd 611-612 control bases. The instructions say to assemble these parts before the bulkhead halves are bolted together as it is out in the open. It says when completed leave the F633 mounts bolted to the bulkhead and store the other assembled parts. The problem is you can't take the bolt out that goes through the F633 mount without taking the Wd611-612 control bases off the control column. That defeats the whole process since all the little washer spacers you have to insert between parts is the hard part. If you could leave the F633 mounts assembled to the control column and bases and then bolt it to the bulkhead later then you would have made the job much easier. Does anyone know if you can get the bolts and nuts through the F633 mount into the bulkhead after the two bulkhead halves have been assembled? I must be missing something here. I apologize if this is hard to understand but if you have been there done that I'm hoping it will make sense.

Thanks

You're not missing anything. Just do the sequence that works for you. I put the mounts on the spar and moved on. You'll have plenty of opportunity later to assemble and disassemble the whole assembly many times later.

Sounds like a plan to me. I may make some spacers the correct length to make the assembly easier later also.
Thanks

Jim,

I am right with you in the build sequence...I just decided to take the control assembly back apart but leave the bolt/several washers/nut assembly bolted to the control column and set aside.

One tip: I went ahead and plunked down the $38 to Avery for the washer wrench set...It is the only way I know of to het those washers in here as well as the flaps and aileron bolts.

I am leaving everything assembled to the 633 mounts. The washer stacks on the control components were too much of a pain to set. I do not want to dissasemble them. I am making all four center floor ribs notched/removable so that the entire assemble can be removed as one piece.

-Ron

I did the same thing as Ron. Made four of the ribs with removable sections to get the control column in and out in one piece.

3-25-07-012w.jpg

Subaru%20Power%20avitar.jpg

Back