What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

hello world

[email protected]

Well Known Member
since i have cracked the big can of proseal and ordered my fuselage kit it is about time that i stopped lurking and said hello...

before jumping in to build a 7 i contemplated a 7a and a 9a. after demo flights in both, my initial impression was that the 9a would be a simple transition from my 172. after considerable reflection i decided that i have had a trainer (for 15 years and 1,200 hours) and want to build beyond what i have become too comfortable with and finalized on a 7 without the nose gear; mostly to bring back the feeling of something new to routine flights, gain a few knots, some added foot space, and eliminate the concern of folding the nose gear.

together with my wife we took a one day introduction to rv construction with wally at synergy air... it was well worth the cost and effort and gave a solid general familiarization with the build process through hands on action.

so far the build process has been filled with opportunities to gain experience as a product of mistakes... recognized, corrected, reconciled, or accepted... over time i have come to accept that new errors are okay and i have learned to embrace them... repeating old errors is very frustrating and i am striving to minimize experience ignored.

as so many have done paralleling the build process i have been documenting construction in a website. learning to use new software is always more effective with an actual project... the website has been fun and gives a bit of structured down time to the project to review and plan.

thanks to everyone out there who has shared their struggles and discoveries in construction... if you have posted it, i have probably read it...

Welcome.....

.....Stephen,
......good choice in picking the -7. Taildragger training will really improve your skills as well, besides being a fun experience and satisfying.

Regards,

BTW, having a wife along for the build is a Godsend..tell her "Hi" as well.

I envy you Stephen

Not for the model without nosegear though... For your better half... at RV workshop... Privet zhene!

Back