What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hello from a newbie

Reilly

Well I have not pulled my first rivet yet but yesterday I ordered the wings and fuselage kits for the RV 12 ( and today the exchange rate dropped 20% to the US$)

Hello to you all. I am going to enjoy reading all the tips and advice and I thank you in advance for the help I am going to get.

A special big thanks to Rudi Greyling whom I blame for getting me into this building thing. It was seeing his beautiful RV7 and then he teased me with the RV12. Rudi has been extremely helpful and did a fine job convincing me.

Welcome

Since you just placed your order, you will be waiting a while for the goodies. I placed my wing order on Sept 29, and it is due to ship November 24. While you are waiting, you can start buying tools. I did not get the Avery kit since I already had about half the items. Another thing you can do is have Van's send you the wing plans. I just received my plans yesterday, and I am glad I got them ahead of time. They are well written, but it will be helpful for me to study them while I am waiting. By the time the wing actually arrives my shop will be set up, I'll have all the supplies I need, and I will be familiar with the plans. Several of the regulars on this group have great websites up and running on their wing builds. Good luck!

Thanks Mark. I have already been given that advice and have taken it. Plans on the way and lots of work to set up the workshop and study up on whats coming.

My suggestion is for you to read everything on this bulletin board. Visit all of the builder web sites and print the pictures that have been taken by the others. Use them as a reference during your build. I have just riveted the first wing skin on and if it were not for the excellent builder support available here, I would have been on he phone to VAN's every other day. So far I have had to call only once.

Thanks everyone -

Rick.

Back