What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Heater Mod

lewy

Well Known Member
Hello, what thickness of metal did you use for the flap that closes off the air flow to the radiator. I have a piece of twenty five thousands but it seems to flimsy and may bend when opening or adjusting the airflow. Thanks Don

I am fairly sure that I used .80 or .90. Contact Marty Santic or John Bender, they can possibly send you detailed instructions on this very useful mod.

Hello, what thickness of metal did you use for the flap that closes off the air flow to the radiator. I have a piece of twenty five thousands but it seems to flimsy and may bend when opening or adjusting the airflow. Thanks Don

I used 90 thousands (0.090")
0.025" WILL NOT Work. I believe Larry Geiger tried 0.040" or 0.045" and it was too flimsy.

Some of my photos and some info can be found here.

Last edited:
I am fairly sure that I used .80 or .90. Contact Marty Santic or John Bender, they can possibly send you detailed instructions on this very useful mod.

Dave I think ours are out of .90 and works great.

I used 90 thousands (0.090")
0.025" WILL NOT Work. I believe Larry Geiger tried 0.040" or 0.045" and it was too flimsy.

Some of my photos and some info can be found here.

Marty is right. I thought I could use .O40 and use stiffeners for my first proto type. It didn't work as well as the thickness Marty and John suggested. Live and learn. :rolleyes:

Back