What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

heater controls

bob888

Well Known Member
I haven't yet figured out where to mount the heater controls BUT I installed the cables per Vans protocol prior to mounting engine. I now find that I may have to completely remove them in order to mount them in the panel. This looks like a very unpleasant prospect. Does anyone have a mounting suggestion that does not include removing them first?

You'd have to make slit somewhere. I wanted mine in the sides of the Aerosport Senter section, which meant we had to wait until the very end to put the cables in. It's a pain.

Not pretty, but...
Cut two plates from aluminum sheet. Drill a hole large enough to clear the threads. Cut a vertical slit, large enough to clear the cable, down to the hole. Repeat for the second piece, except rotate it 180 after the cable is in the hole. Cut a hole in the panel that the knob fits thru. Assemble the whole works from behind the panel. Rivet the two aluminum pieces to the panel.

Not pretty, but...
Assemble the whole works from behind the panel. Rivet the two aluminum pieces to the panel.

Or possibly better yet, make one piece of aluminum as described but for both knobs. Then cut an oval hole in the panel and insert the plate from the back and attach to the panel with nutplates. This will make it easier to remove the panel without drilling rivets.

Back