What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Head Room in RV-7A Slider

drferrell

I'm New Here
Posted yesterday on this subject and was surprised I got no answers. Seems like there would be a definitive yes or no available to this question ... is there about 1 more inch of headroom in the RV7A slider vs tip up? I have flown both and swear it feels that way. Getting close to a QB order decision so I'd really like to get some input from the experienced folks out there on this ... thx in advance for the assist.

AA5B owner
Getting close to QB RV7A kit order

Nope

Hi Dr,
Both canopies are the same but just cut in different places. The slider has a forward bow that some have to duck to clear their heads as it closes, then the taller part of the canopy is overhead. FWIW, I've had several 6' 4" guys in my -6A and they fit with clearance above their headsets.

Regards,

I am getting within a couple months of ordering my canopy. I am building a tipup and have been told that there is some slop in the fit that will allow a builder to position the canopy slightly higher or lower as needed.

-Ron

Back