What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hartzell Three Blade c/s Propeller

bignose

Hartzell released a new tree bladed constant speed composite propeller for the 260 Hp Lycoming. Looks verry agressive, similar to the Cirrus Turbo, large scimitar blades.They promisse less vibration, smother idle RPM, better take off and cruise performance.

Wonder if somebody is already using it, and if it's really a better choice than the blended two blade Hartzell.

Normaly one knows that two blades are better than tree for cruise... Just thinking...

Are you talking about the C3YR-1N/N7605 ACS prop that you can get through Van's? I believe Rob Hickman of AFS fame has one on his 10. There's a thread on VAF somewhere about it IIRC.

Like this?
DSC_0200.JPG

Rob Hickman
N402RH RV-10

Are you talking about the C3YR-1N/N7605 ACS prop that you can get through Van's? I believe Rob Hickman of AFS fame has one on his 10. There's a thread on VAF somewhere about it IIRC.

Yes, I have seen some of these beauties instaled on some 10's. I wonder if they do not slow down cruise speed.

WOW

That must be the best looking prop I have ever seen!!! I wish I could afford that prop. What are the numbers relative to the "standard" Hartzell?

One other problem

You have to have a removable lower "snout" in order to remove the cowl. A friend of mine has three-bladed prop on his -10.

For comparison, ask Rob if his -10 will run 214 MPH TAS at 800' ASL (WOT), or cruise at 175 K at 8,000'/76%. Sure is a pretty piece!

Best,

Hartzell 3 blade pricing

Try high $40's for it!

Do you mean the prop is in the high 40K?
The prop sells for $15K through Vans

On the cruise performance, Rob did a complete writeup 1-2 years ago. The two blade is faster by about 2-3Kts I recall.

Back