What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hartzell Prop Hub question

vonjet

Well Known Member
I need to get longer bolts for my Hartzell hub that bolt up the spinner backplate. These are 4 long bolts that go thru the hub and bolt up to the spinner backplate.
They are very tight in the hub and I dont want to do any damage. I wasn't sure if they unscrew or how they come out.
Does anyone know how to replace these?

longer bolts

I need to get longer bolts for my Hartzell hub that bolt up the spinner backplate. These are 4 long bolts that go thru the hub and bolt up to the spinner backplate.
They are very tight in the hub and I dont want to do any damage. I wasn't sure if they unscrew or how they come out.
Does anyone know how to replace these?
What hub model do you have?

Sorry I can't help with the aqusition of longer bolts, but FYI I've never needed to do this or heard others with this issue. The back plate is about 0.062?. No room at all for the backing plate? I would not remove those bolts my self, but it may be mo big deal. Good Luck.

ASSumming you have a compact hub, if you see a bolt with the nuts off, they shoudl come out. Try a punch and persuasion.

Kahuna is right, just remove the nuts and carfeful using the punch, RTV is what is causing the resistance. Any prop shop can sell you longer bolts.

Back