What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hartzell grey prop paint

We just bought a few cans at work...I believe that it came from Spruce, not sure...I can check tomorrow. It came in a kinda generic white spray can...Sherwin-Williams ...BEAUTIFUL finish and match...I think around $22 + ship.

I did scuff the entire prop and paint. It had been painted previously, so match was perfect. Unsure how it would have matched original though. Regardless, Sherwin W is great and tough. Prop STILL looks new after 100 + hours.

Anyone know of a close match for the grey on Hartzell prop. I'm not up to paying fifty bucks for rattle can off Skygeek.
Depends on where you are painting. Touching up the edge, I have been using Rustoleum Coastal Grey or Smoke Grey. This is a Sensi prob, but they use Hartzell grey on their props.

I ponied up for the spec'd Sherwin Williams grey paint listed by Hartzell and it did not match. Wasn't even close, ended up repainting the entire propellor.
Good to know!
Depends on where you are painting. Touching up the edge, I have been using Rustoleum Coastal Grey or Smoke Grey. This is a Sensi prob, but they use Hartzell grey on their props.
Thanks! That's what I was looking for. I look at the Sherman Williams stuff and the shipping was $25!

Back