What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Happy 4th Of July

Geico266

Well Known Member
One of my favorite things to do in an airplane is to fly around the city and watch fireworks. Very cool from the air.

Be safe, have a happy 4th!

Make a Pizza Donation to our Soldiers!

I donated todays gas money to a good cause that is close to my heart... PIZZA (my favorite food) and my son who is currently stationed in Afganistan. You can send the boys pizza by making a small donation here "Pizzas4Patriots" :D

What a perfect night of flying! It is rare that I get to fly on the 3rd or 4th at night due to family obligations, but this year the stars have aligned! I launched about 2100 hours and landed two hours later. I circled Lincoln twice and it looked like a war zone! Billows of smoke cast an eerie surreal haze over the whole city. Thousands of explosions displays, most 100' agl, but some at the same altitude I was at or so it seemed!

If you ever get the chance to watch fireworks from the air it is something to see.

Well...WHERE ARE THE PICS? :). I plan to do a fireworks flight with the wife this evening. Any precautions other than stay out of the line of fire?

Back