What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Happiness Is........

petehowell

Well Known Member
170 mph GS on 4.4 GPH!

Yes there was as nice tail wind..... 2 more hours till Freedom from the test box.

cbglxl038fl3.jpg

Blue Jeans and Tennis shoes, huh? I guess it must have warmed up in Minnesota since I was there two weekends ago!

Good groundspeeds = always nice!

Paul

Happiness is...

Pete:

How do you like your Tru-Trak...looks like an ADI Pilot I or II?

Doug Lomheim
90116; 13B installation
OK City, OK

Love it

Hi Doug,

It is an ADI Pilot 2. It and the 396 are great in the panel. The ADI takes about an hour to get used to, and then it is a no brainer. Alt hold is very nice, as is the GPS tracking. It makes taking data or eating lunch very enjoyable.

Pete, what's the little "glowing eye" instrument in the top-center of your panel?

For some reason I am imagining your plane saying "I wouldn't do that if I were you, Pete". :D

2 red lights are....

Engine Master Warning - Big One

Low Voltage - Small one

Have not seen either in flight yet......

petehowell said:
Engine Master Warning - Big One

Low Voltage - Small one

Have not seen either in flight yet......

Sorry. I was referring to the one just to the right of the Altimeter. It looks like it's glowing luminescent blue to me, but maybe that's just a reflection of the light.

Electronic Compass

Jeff,

I found an electronic boat compass on e-bay for $75. It has a sensor mounted in the tail. It works great - it came on one dial color - bright blue. It is backlit - but the pic just shows how it looks in the day time.

Transponder antenna on glare shield?

Pete,

I am confused. Is that the Transponder antenna on you glare shield, or am I seeing things?

Regards,

Joel

Traffice Scope Antenna

Hi Joel,

It is a transponder antenna, but it feeds the trafficescope below the dynon. I love that thing. A nice woman's voice comes on and essentially says "wake up and get your eyes out of the cockpit - you are not alone"

Has saved my butt once, and avoided several close calls.

Back