What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar Fees in Michigan

AL_O_Dine

What small airports in western Michigan have the best rates and availability for hangar space? Looking at either west of I75 to the lake, or just a bit east of 75.

North/South doesn't matter.

This would be for an RV9 plane.

I just had a pre-buy inspection done on my 152 by the assistant mgr of Lowell City airport (24C) near Grand Rapids and he mentioned that their t-hangers run in the $150 per month range,,,,maybe less IIRC. My large t-hanger with an end unit run's $120 a month in Gladwin (KGDW) and its a new modern hanger. Livingston County (KOZW) where I will be basing my -10 runs $265 per month and they are also t-hangers in decent shape. Oakland County Troy (KVLL) runs $315 per month for t-hangers. When I based my 152 at Brighton Hyne Field (45G) a private airport, I paid $200 per for a newer t-hanger. My son was paying $175 per at Canton- Plymouth-Mettetal (1D2) for an old junk dirt floor sliding door t-hanger and the newer tee's were around $350 and there was a very long wait if you wanted one.

$165 per month at KIKW (Barstow), if you can get an open hangar.

I seem to recall that you can get space at MBS in a large multi-plane unheated hangar for $150/month.

James Clements (3cm) has city hangars for rent and there are typically hangars for sale there. A sliding door T hangar just sold for less than $10K. Not sure if there are open city hangars at 3CM and I don't know the rent, but I assume <$150/month.

Back