What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar Clean Out

db1yg

Well Known Member
I have a few items (7) left from a recent hangar clean out sale . They have accumulated over the years from multiple aircraft builds and I would like to get them to a new home. I have listed the item description, model or part #, whether new or used, current retail pricing, and asking price minus shipping. I am old school, don't do pay pal, so payment by check is fine with the understanding that I will ship when the check clears--or if you are near Prescott, AZ, stop by for a cash buy/pick up. I have attached a picture of all items together but if anyone wants additional pictures of specific items I would be glad to oblige. I will simply need an email address.

FYI, I have been a participant on VAF for over 20 years and have bought/sold many items on Doug's site.

1. Meggitt (Stewart Warner) 8406R Oil Cooler. This cooler was purchased used, rebuilt (includes 8130 form) by R&E Oil Cooler Service, but never installed in my bush plane project as I used the 13 row unit that came with my kit. This is the real deal and not a SW-Meggitt knock off. Retail price at Aircraft Spruce is $1875. Asking $725.

2. ACS Products Inc. Aircraft Ignition Switch/key. Model A-510-2. New and still in box. Also came with a project but I went with switches and a push button start. Retail at ACS $187.75--asking $85.

3. Garmin GPS Antenna. This is a used unit that came with my original non-waas Garmin 430 which I upgraded to WAAS. Model #GA56-D0178B. Asking $70.

4. SS Firewall Cabin Heater Valve. New retail at ACS is $113.75--asking $50.

5. Vans Manual Trim Control. 2005 vintage but never used/installed. Make an offer.

6. Light Speed Flywheel Timing Ring. This LS precision ring (magnets installed) triggers two Light Speed Electronic Plasma III Ignition systems and came on the flywheel of a new Continental Titan IO340 engine that I used in a project aircraft. The magnets are positioned for 22 degree base timing on a 9:1 compression engine. The part number is LSE-MRa-4 22. Unfortunately my engine was 8:1 compression so Continental simply sent me the appropriate ring and told me to keep this unit. I can not find a price so if interested make an offer.

7. Pitot Tube. Unknown brand and model. Make an offer.

44C67C17-24DF-42A1-A127-7D384F116F7C_1_201_a.jpeg

Back