What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar available at LZU

brianwallis

VAF moderator
I am moving out of the 2nd hanger as well to my new much larger maintenance base. Big t-hanger at end of Row. No contract, available till end of Aug. I pay 350 a month. Make offer.

Why now? Darn it!!! Give me a year and I'd gladly take it off your hands. There are several RV guys about ready for a hanger in the area... I wish i was ready though!

Why

Sorry I can't wait a year :( My wife and son and I used to live in an apt in Lawrenceville, to their credit it was gated, fenced and reasonably close to an airport. The crime went through the roof and a lot of bad things went on. I also was doing some math on what was reasonable for hanger rent. I came to the conclusion that we would be far better off by moving, buying some property and building equity instead of paying rent on something I would never own.
350 a month for 30 years assuming rent stays the same is 126,000.00.
Rent for the single bedroom Apt was 740 a month. Finding a great house close to a pvt airport was the best solution, found a great deal and now the house with insurance, HOA fees and taxes is 423 a month. I save a ton right there. Using the same 350 a month figure, my new hanger designed the way I want- 50 wide by 40 deep, with Radient heat floors, 220 and 110v and lots of other nice design features will be paid for in just over 10 years. I just saved a metric ton of cashola (80 ish k)which will promptly be put towards another RV or a helicopter. I have a sneaking suspicion it will be put in my son's college fund...
Best,
Brian

Last edited:
Back