What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hand Prop with Barley Pop

petehowell

Well Known Member
Doug Weiler, Kate and I attended the 3rd Thursday BBQ hosted by RV, Rocket, warbird, and now Citation pilot Doug Rozendaal at the Mason City Iowa Airport tonight. Great weather, great food, great people..... including RV celebrity Stein!

Doug has an L2 that they fly for fun. It was pulled out and seats were filled...

IMG_6335.JPG

Doug then made it come to life, no electrons required!

IMG_6355.JPG

IMG_6357.JPG

IMG_6358.JPG

IMG_6359.JPG

IMG_6360.JPG

IMG_6361.JPG

IMG_6362.JPG

Not a drop was spilled. Lest anyone think otherwise, Doug had just been handed the beverage and had not even taken a sip.

See all the trip pics here:

Darn....I was trying to blend in! It was a nice event even though we had to sneak out early to beat the sunset at home...landed about as late as anyone could.

Doug is definitely the celebrity there all the way around - I mean, the guy can prop a plane with a full beer in hand while stupid me gets near a prop and cuts off a finger!

Oh, and the DAR that signed off the first customer completed RV12, as well as several other RV builders too! Also, the guy we flew down in loose formation with (Chuck Doyle in the gorgeous turquoise Super D) is much more of a celebrity than I'll ever be. Ever seen the inside of his hangar? Twin Beech, Decathlon, Bucker, Waco, Travelair, Playboy, Deuce coupe, etc.. Ever seen the planes hanging in the terminal at the MSP airport....hint....came from a Doyle! He's a pretty neat feller, and his wife is also really great. She made the apple crisp with fresh apples from their yard, if you had a chance to try it it was GOOOOD!

Anyway, nice time and nice to see you guys there - but I was disappointed to see a couple fellow RV owners show up in a Beechcraft product! :)

Cheers,
Stein

Last edited:
A guy can't do anything without Pete getting an incriminating photo..... Where was Pete when Bill Clinton was president???

Tailwinds,
Doug Rozendaal

In case anyone happens to ever feel sorry for Rozie....he put on a nice show at FBL last weekend. The RedTail P-51 looked and sounded fantastic - thanks Doug/CAF for bringing it down for everyone to enjoy. I did however notice Dougie's weak spot. A pretty blond in a tight skirt (some beauty queen) was out on the ramp and he made a beeline for her. I think there must be a picture floating around somewhere!

Cheers,
Stein

Back