What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hamilton MT Visit

JonJay

Well Known Member
I will be flying to Hamilton the week of August 6th. Looking for hangar space or other intel. on the area, FBO etc....
Looks like a very nice airfield and area.

Been a few years since I went there, but the field is nice, the FBO was great with excellent service, and you can arrange car rental to have the car waiting right there at the FBO. Airport is fairly close to town and of course lots of great country and fishing nearby. Just about 2:15 for me from Bremerton to Hamilton back when I was there, that was about 2005 or 2006.

I've fueled there a number of times in 2011 and 2012. I can't tell you much about the area, but the FBO is really great, they have a courtesy car to use to get to town, and the airport is in a beautiful valley. We stay at West Fork Lodge south of there and go to Hamilton for fuel. You should make a flight down to West Fork Lodge and meet Tex and Heidi, just wonderful people. If you are looking for a place to stay, they have great rooms and really good food.

Back