What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTX-45R not recognised by G3X

rsharples

I'm New Here
Has anyone encountered issues with their GTX-45R not being visible to the G3X (at initial set up).
XPDR is showing with Red Cross on the G3X system Information page. I’ve checked power supply as well as all pins to the transponder and GSU 25. RS-232 Port 2 is configured to Connext 57600 baud. Appreciate advice on where to check next.

Power Control/Power Config

My first suggestion is to have you look at the Power Control (Pin 38) and Power Configuration (pin 59) on the P3251 connector at the transponder. These are easily missed when wiring. These pins must be grounded when you have a remote mounted transponder, if they are not the transponder will not "Auto on" with power applied.
Jason Smith
Aerotronics Inc.

Transponder Interface

Has anyone encountered issues with their GTX-45R not being visible to the G3X (at initial set up).
XPDR is showing with Red Cross on the G3X system Information page. I’ve checked power supply as well as all pins to the transponder and GSU 25. RS-232 Port 2 is configured to Connext 57600 baud. Appreciate advice on where to check next.

If you navigate to the Transponder page in configuration mode, what is listed for the status in the bottom left hand corner?

Thanks,

Justin

Thanks Justin and others for your feedback. By updating GTX and GDU software, the GDU was able to see the GTX but with configuration errors (previously it was not visible at all). It was then a simple case of inputting the configuration to clear the error messages.

Back