What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTX 327 avionics power on question

apkp777

Well Known Member
I am installing my GTX 327. There is a connection for "avionics power on" that powers up the 327 when the avionics master is turned on. I want this function, but what do I do with the normal power feed?

Do I connect both both inputs to 14V?

Or, do I only use the avionics power on 14v input?

The install manual doesn't make this clear.

Thanks for you help!

connect both

the unit is powered from pin 15 with fused protection for the current draw of the transponder. the avionics master -on- pin 1 is only a switch indicator and serves to signal the transponder to turn on with the last mode selected per note 5 in the wiring diagram. if your -on- switch (whatever you call it... avionics, xpder, radios, ...) also sends power to the transponder then feed both pins the same power signal. at least that is my take... i turned my master switch on for the first time last night and should have power to the transponder tested this weekend.

That's what I was thinking. Seems like they could have made that more clear in the manual though. I plan to run both to the same power source.

Hook em both up to 14v from your transponder breaker (or fuse). That's the way I wired mine and it works great. It's also the way my avionics shop wired it in my Bonanza a few years ago.

Back