What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTR200B Frequency Transfer on Stick

eavila1

All,

On the GTR200B there is a soft key that will transfer between the active and standby frequency. My understanding is that I can wire the same function on my stick thru a discrete pin (#2) in the COMM wiring. But i can't find this in the GTR 200B manual. Am I missing it? Have others been able to do this?

Any help appreciated

All,

On the GTR200B there is a soft key that will transfer between the active and standby frequency. My understanding is that I can wire the same function on my stick thru a discrete pin (#2) in the COMM wiring. But i can't find this in the GTR 200B manual. Am I missing it? Have others been able to do this?

Any help appreciated
Page 3-11 of the Rev. P GTR 200/200B installation manual explains how to configure one of the 2 available discrete inputs to be a "FREQ SWAP BTN".

Page D-2 (and others) show how to wire a button up to the 2 available discrete inputs on pins 2 and 22.

Steve

I found it. In case anyone needs to assigh the two discrete options in the gtr 200B, you can find it in the INSTL manual in Fig3-9 Table 3-7

Page 3-11 of the Rev. P GTR 200/200B installation manual explains how to configure one of the 2 available discrete inputs to be a "FREQ SWAP BTN".

Page D-2 (and others) show how to wire a button up to the 2 available discrete inputs on pins 2 and 22.

Steve
Thank you Steve. That helps

It's a very nice feature for IFR when told to contact departure, tower or ground and when flying formation. No need to move your hand away from flying the airplane.

On my G405 grip one of the buttons swaps the the standby on the 200B, another activates the standby monitor function. Adds some convenience and safety to formation flying.

I actually removed this feature from my grip after inadvertently changing freq’s a couple of times without noticing, one of those oops moments.

Back