What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTN650...what to plan for?

TX7A

Well Known Member
I'm very close to needing to rivet on the forward skin on my T/U 7A. While I still have good access to all the wiring, I would like to know if there are any additional wires that I could install now for future upgrades. I'm thinking specifically about ADS-B. But then, it seems there are several stand-alone solutions for accomplishing ADS-B. Also thinking about an S-mode transponder?

The GTN650 feeds ARINC & RS232 to my TruTrak A/P and to an HS34 which is networked with a D-100/120. I also have a GTX327 but I'm not yet sure the 650 RS-232 is hooked-up to it. (Not really sure what advantage there is to setting squawk on the GTN vs the 327 itself?) In addition there are connections to my PM3000 intercom.

I guess I'm not real sure what I'm asking here. :( I just don't want to be on my back under the panel trying to make wire connections when I could have easily made some pigtail drops ahead of time. I really don't plan to make any 'major' upgrades.

Don't beat me up too bad. :eek: Just trying to think of the possibilities.

Thanks for any advice.

Back