What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT Percent Power Indicator

mlwynn

Well Known Member
Hi folks,

Up to my ears in phase I flight testing. I have a GRT EIS 4000 and HX system. I entered the data on their website into the engine parameters: altitude, RPM, MP and the altitude/HP chart. Set up the numbers per their specification. When tooling around today at about 65% power, the dial indicator is pegged at 999. Seems like there should be something simple to fix this.

Anyone else had trouble getting the dial to indicate correctly?

yes

in the same area that you select the item for a dial there is also a scale factor (they may have another name for it). If it is already 1 change it to .1. (1/10th).
Or change as needed to get the display you want.

2 more things

The % power also is shown on one of the main engine screens of the HX. If it is wrong there you probably have a typo error in your inputs.

Also, it can be very handy to sit in the hangar and run a "demo". During the demo you can change any options in the HX like the one you asked about. Save the change and look at the desired screen and observe the change. Just be aware that after the demo you need to repeat the change cause the HX during the demo will not actually save the change in setting after the demo. I know I did not say this in proper tech language but I hope you understand.

You can get a demo file from each flight. It is a very strong point in favor of GRT. I don't think any other vendor does it as well, or even has this ability. You can make demo files automatic by selecting a few options. It is covered in the manual. I use it like a black box.

Back