What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT HSI Pointers

flickroll

Well Known Member
How many RMI type pointers will the GRT HSI show at one time? If I have a GRT system with an SL30, G430W, G696, can the HSI show some or all of the pointers from these devices at one time? Say a VOR for the SL30, standby VOR from the SL30, VOR from the 430, and a pointer for the 696 GPS. Or some other combination...

The GRT HSI looks a little 'different' than a traditional one in that it is actually on a map, and the only way to show just the HSI without airport/airspace, etc clutter is by zooming it all the way in. For you GRT HSI users, do you like the presentation? Thanks

To be honest, I have seen HSI presentations that i like better than the GRT, but all the information is there and usable, so it doesn't really bother me. It's sort of like preferring a different font on a display for aesthetic reasons.

Since I only have the 430 hooked up to drive my Nav, I don't get more than a single VHF bearing pointer.

Paul

Since I only have the 430 hooked up to drive my Nav, I don't get more than a single VHF bearing pointer.

Paul

Sure you do. You also see a bearing pointer on whatever waypoint you have loaded in the 430 and/or internal gps.

That's why I said "VHF" pointer! Yup - you also get a GPS pointer - but the truth is, I don't use the HSI display as much as I thought I would before getting used to full-up moving maps with intersections (and the like) displayed.

Paul

Yes, you will get the GPS and VOR pointer but I don't know if you can get more then one VOR pointer.

GRT can see 2 pointers from an SL30

Jim -

I feed the GRT HSI with a 155xl and an SL30. If you set the SL30 to monitor a second VOR, the GRT will put a second pointer on the monitored VOR. The display will use different colors for the primary and monitored VOR.

Dave Woboril

Back