What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Grt horizon not talking with gtn 650

coffeeboy

I can't get the arinc side of the grt horizon and the gtn 650 to communicate.

I have the arinc module wired to serial 2 on the horizon, and rs232 from the 650 to serial 10. I can see a counter populating on serial 10, but NOTHING on serial 2/ arinc. The 650 gives the "LNAV Unavailable no Barometric press" warning, and when I go into the arinc menu the "efis format" options aren't available. Any ideas?

Arinc adapter wired to 650:
C1- connector p1001 pin 10
C2- connector p1001 pin 29
C3- connector p1004 pin 24
C4- connector p1004 pin 23
C5- connector p1001 pin 47
C6- connector p1001 pin 66

Update: I had wires flipped in the GRT A connector and remedied that: no longer any error messages grt/arinc side. However on the 650 side: still get the "Barometric Altitude Lost " message and still can't set ARINC In 2 to EFIS FORMAT 2, the option isn't even available.

Update: I had wires flipped in the GRT A connector and remedied that: no longer any error messages grt/arinc side. However on the 650 side: still get the "Barometric Altitude Lost " message and still can't set ARINC In 2 to EFIS FORMAT 2, the option isn't even available.
What options does the 650 show for ARINC input 2?
Mine is wired like yours, HXr pin 5 to GTN 47 and HXr pin 9 to GTN pin 66 and both are set to ARINC In 2 A&B to EFIS FRMT 2

What options does the 650 show for ARINC input 2?
Mine is wired like yours, HXr pin 5 to GTN 47 and HXr pin 9 to GTN pin 66 and both are set to ARINC In 2 A&B to EFIS FRMT 2
I'll verify when I get to the hangar in a few hours, but I know it allows the data concentration, traffic formats, ahrs, pretty much everything EXCEPT EFIS formats.

I've put it to various other options and verified in the gtn diagnostic page that it is transmitting/ receiving information.

Back