What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Grt data base upload help

Tandemdad

I'm New Here
Just bought my LAST airplane. a RV 7 with Grt Hxr dual screens. I just updated the Garmin GTN 650 today and downloaded the charts/maps/approach plates onto a zip drive for the screens however looking for some guidance on how to install them? I looked at the website and didn't give any specifics(that I seen) on how to do this? if anyone could give me a brief step by step instructions I would love to get it all dialed in tonight and fly some approaches. thank you
Jim

The data for the GRT EFIS eg: charts plates etc. has to come from Seattle Avionics for GRT equipment. GRT has good email support, and good, but limited phone support.

The data for the GRT EFIS eg: charts plates etc. has to come from Seattle Avionics for GRT equipment. GRT has good email support, and good, but limited phone support.
yes, I bought it from them yesterday. called and emailed them during their tech support hours. got a quick email reply with downloading instructions from Seattle Avionics which I already had done however no instructions on how to install it into the display. i'm waiting for a reply from them however wanted to go to airport tonight and get it installed and shoot some approaches so just asking others for any input. thanks for your reply

yes, I bought it from them yesterday. called and emailed them during their tech support hours. got a quick email reply with downloading instructions from Seattle Avionics which I already had done however no instructions on how to install it into the display. i'm waiting for a reply from them however wanted to go to airport tonight and get it installed and shoot some approaches so just asking others for any input. thanks for your reply
Once you get the data from Seattle downloaded on USB stick (which ususally take a while) you will need to have a usb port accessible to the HXrs. It will automatically use the data from the stick.
The NAV data which is available from GRT here: https://grtavionics.com/product/horizon-hxr-efis/
will also need to be put on a USB stick to load into the HXr.
When you put the stick in you need to go to
SET MENU
GENERAL
DISPLAY UNIT MTC
Database Updates
Then select the NAV db to install. You will need to do this for both units to have the NAV data available. It is charts and airport info only. No plates, etc. That's the Seattle stuff.

Let me know if you need to know how to update the 650's

Back