What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT autopilot setting for RV-10

Lan Vinh Do

Well Known Member
Hi
I just made my flight test today since the upgrade of my rv-10
I add a grt horizon HX with a trutrak digiflight II vsgv with a gnc 430
The ride for the approach was a little bit weard when it was control by the EFIS. The plane was chasing the vor and ils a lot. I think it's in the grt autopilot setting.
Is anybody have some initial setting that i can start with and do some fine tuning after??

Thank you

Lan Vinh Do
Rv-10 C-GMCE

Get hold of Carlos at GRT, he is very knowledgeable at this stuff, as I just found out in the last couple days.

Thank you mike
I sent a email to carlos.
Do you use the grt as an autopilot in your rv-10?

If yes, do you have your setting that work?

Thank you

Lan Vinh Do

Thank you mike
I sent a email to carlos.
Do you use the grt as an autopilot in your rv-10?

If yes, do you have your setting that work?

Thank you

Lan Vinh Do

I am just now getting the GRT and TruTrack A/P to play nicely together.

At least on the ground.

The one, and only reason that I have gotten that far, is that I contacted Carlos, and he was able to get me on the correct path to a solution, there were some wiring, and programing, issues I could not figure out on my own.

So far, I have not flown since the getting things straightened out, so no empirical data.

Weather looks like it might be conducive to flight on Sunday.

I am only an hour and a half out of phase one, still getting little things that I found in testing straightened out

Thanks
If i find some setting that work great, i will let you know. Carlos ask me to try the localiser gain at 0.5. I haven't try it. I don't think i will be able to fly until next week.

Lan Vinh Do
K1HIUENu5vLGsfeaRr3HYw

Last edited:
Back