What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Grove Nose Wheel - Finish Kit Deletions

Mark L

For those who have opted for the Grove nose wheel on the 7A. What items can be deleted from the finish kit when ordering? I do not have the plans to decern these at this time. The subkit includes: Wheel install kit 9A, Whl Instl Kit Trigear; Nose Wheel w/ bearings, W NW501.25; Axle Brng. Adpt. Matco, U-623-1; Wheels & Brakes 5", U Cleveland 199-10200; Axle Spacer, U-405; Nose Wheel 11x4.00-5, U Lamb Tire; Nose Wheel Tube, U Lamb Tube; 6 Ply Tire Main Gear, U 5:00x5-6; Tube for 5:005-6, U 5:00x5-6IT; Disc Spring, U-611. In some cases it is confusing which items are associated with the main gear and which are associated with the nosegear.

I'm sure you know that Van's wont remove those items at full value, they'll still charge you a "restocking fee" in the items you leave out of the kit. ie, if you call them and price something singly, then order a kit and subtract that same item from the kit, they'll not give you the same amount back in credit...

This was not my experience with the FF kit. The "kit" is just a conglomeration of all the parts they think you need at their regular prices. Parts I didn't need were removed at their regular Vans price, no "restocking fee". I'm sure what you're saying is true of an emp kit, wing kit, or fuse kit - not so sure for a finishing kit, and definitely not true for a FF kit.

If in doubt, call Vans and ask!

I think the "restocking fee" is charged when you send something back, not if you delete it before it ships.
I just emailed vans that I didn't want the nose wheel and they mailed a new invoice with it removed. I signed it and faxed it back. Just the wheel was $100-110 IIRC.

I just ordered (and received) my finish kit with several items deleted. Vans gave me full price book credit for the items deleted.

Perfect! Armed with these posts, I'll jaunt off down to Aurora tomorrow and have this conversation again! They're probably just a little easier to negotiate with now that the economy is a little dicey...
It's a little late now, because I already have the cowl. I was going to leave it off the RV10 kit and go with the SJ cowl, but after several phone conversations I realized there was no advantage to leaving it off the kit. Snookered I have been!

For those who have opted for the Grove nose wheel on the 7A. What items can be deleted from the finish kit when ordering? I do not have the plans to decern these at this time. The subkit includes: Wheel install kit 9A, Whl Instl Kit Trigear; Nose Wheel w/ bearings, W NW501.25; Axle Brng. Adpt. Matco, U-623-1; Wheels & Brakes 5", U Cleveland 199-10200; Axle Spacer, U-405; Nose Wheel 11x4.00-5, U Lamb Tire; Nose Wheel Tube, U Lamb Tube; 6 Ply Tire Main Gear, U 5:00x5-6; Tube for 5:005-6, U 5:00x5-6IT; Disc Spring, U-611. In some cases it is confusing which items are associated with the main gear and which are associated with the nosegear.

Did you ever get an answer to your question (which parts to delete)? I'm in the same position.

Parts to delete

qty 1 - NOSE WHEEL W/BEARINGS U NW501.25
qty 2 - AXLE BRNG.ADPT. MATCO U-623-1

I swapped out my new Matco nosewheel (still up for sale) in late summer for a Grove wheel.

Back