What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Grounding the backup battery

AJ85WA

Well Known Member
Hi Guy

I need some advise with grounding my mgl efis backup battery.

dc392b6c980740875474bab1466beab1.jpg

From the install manual it states that during normal operation the EFIS will charge the backup battery.

I want to use the backup battery to run a backup bus for the boost pump and efis ect.

My question is can I just ground this battery against the common ground on the firewall where the main battery is grounded? Will it still charge the backup battery this way?

Mmm confused?

Well I guess i am not the only one unsure about it? I will send MGL a email to confirm.

But then again i am pretty sure a common ground should be fine:confused::confused:

Well I guess i am not the only one unsure about it? I will send MGL a email to confirm.

But then again i am pretty sure a common ground should be fine:confused::confused:

Remember it is Thanksgiving holidays this weekend. Give it another couple of days

hennie

Backup

Our BU battery is 7ah and backs up more than just the efis units. It is grounded to the firewall the same as the main battery. Since yours is designed just for the mgl unit, I would talk to them about wiring it for more. I am sure they can help you with a scheme that will work.

Back