What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Grounded in SC. Looking for a ferry prop

strike4330

I'm New Here
Hello Guys and gals. My Aymar-demuth prop has developed a crack and I am now grounded in Beaufort SC. Will be driving home today but any help would be appreciated to get my plane back home. Catto prop will be ordered on Monday but I know they have some lead time, so if anyone has a spare prop that I could use for the ferry back to West Palm Beach, I would appreciate it.

My Plane is an RV-6 and has an IO-360-A1A, with 1/2" bolts.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Last edited:
Jason, sorry to hear you are having problems, but I think you need to post particulars of the aircraft if you are going to get any useful assistance.

What engine are you running, what airframe. What range of prop diameter, and pitch do you need, bolt hole size. ETC.

Good luck, folks here are a good resource in your time of need.

While we are waiting to hear from Jason, can any of you fly a two bladed prop from Charlotte, NC out to him?

I have a bad head cold and I'm not going above 50 feet.

prop woes

PM me.. I am up the road from you in Cocoa Beach, have a 70 x 70 and a 69 x 70 for my -18 SAE 2 bolt patterns, 1st is a Warnke, the 2nd, I dont know.. have flown behind them both, should get you back to PBI area no sweat

Jeff

****, sorry, both are 3/8" bolts... I do have a fresh ovh 76MM sensenich for my 180 hp cherokee your welcome to as a last resort..

Sorry for your misfortune

Correct me if I'm wrong here.... If you put another prop on, other than the same exact make and model, doesn't that throw you back into phase 1 requiring 5 hrs test flight time? Or, are you including that in your endeavor to get back home? Just wondering with the various prop models being thrown around. Good luck, wish I could help.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.... If you put another prop on, other than the same exact make and model, doesn't that throw you back into phase 1 requiring 5 hrs test flight time? Or, are you including that in your endeavor to get back home? Just wondering with the various prop models being thrown around. Good luck, wish I could help.
It depends...

Going from one FP to another FP should not put you back in the box. However, going from a FP to a CS prop will. At least according to my FSDO. I checked when I was testing props.

It depends...

Going from one FP to another FP should not put you back in the box. However, going from a FP to a CS prop will. At least according to my FSDO. I checked when I was testing props.

It depends on your OL's. Mine are older and state that a change in make and model of the prop will require Phase 1. I'm working with Mel to get my OL's updated so that I can change the prop make and model and not have to return to Phase 1.

Change from Sensenich to Catto...

...required return to Phase I for 5 hrs. by my FSDO. They originally tried to hit me up for 25!

I thought a ferry permit would be a shortcut. INCORRECT?

LarryT
Larry Tompkins
N544WB RV-6A
W52 Battle Ground WA

Thanks to all for the kind assitance and the advice on the operating limitations. I'll make sure to check mine and ask for the updated op lim. / approval if needed.

Thanks to this great community I was also able to arrange for a prop to be shipped my way this week, and it looks like everything is set to go for a ferry flight this coming weekend.

Jason

got one

Let me know if you need one. I replaced my A-D prop with a catto... still have it if yours does not work out.
Best
Brian

Back