What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GripLockTies

stevenclin

I'm New Here
I've found the rubber lined GripLockTies to be useful for certain applications in the plane I'm building (a Rans S-21, not an RV, sorry!)

But for several months, at least, they are essentially sold out - can't find them on the manufacturer's site (https://griplockties.com/) or Amazon or anything, at least the smallest 5" length which is what I'm looking for. (They seem to have only the largest size available). There is a message on the site saying they are moving production from overseas back to the US and to expect delays, but that same message has been there for months.

I sent a message on the website asking about availability, but no response.

Does anyone know what the scoop is, in terms of if/when GripLockTies will be available again?

Or - more immediately - does anyone have a new bag of the 5" ties that I can buy from you?

Thanks!

The owner of the company sadly died in a plane crash.

One of the people at the company has picked up the brand and has moved production from China to the US and are currently ramping up.

I just talked to him about all this a few weeks ago trying to get some of the 5" ties, he sent me some but had very limited stock left.

It's a Mike Patey backed company, doesn't sound like they have money troubles, just an unexpected tragic event and pivot from China to US manufacturing.

PM sent about 5" ties ...

Last edited:
Just give us a call or send an email on Monday. After you let us know what you're looking for we'll email an invoice and we'll ship same day. We'll give you pricing when you contact us, basically it's the same as listed on Grip Lock site, thanks!

Back