What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Grip recommendations to increase stick length

SwimmingDragonfly96

Well Known Member
I purchased my RV7a, but the control stick had been cut shorter than I prefer. I'm upgrading my grips and was curious if anyone knew of any high quality grips that can add length to the control stick? I currently have some generic very low profile ones. I'd like to have PTT lateral and vertical trim. I think I'm good with flaps on the panel, but if there's another convenient stick function I'd be open.

Also Pioneer grips. I had to cut mine shorter for the Pioneer grips to be installed that I bought than when I had a pair of Ray Allen G207's installed (which are discontinued now, I see. May have been discontinued long ago).

Anyway, Pioneer grips might work for you.

I have a tosten military grip and really like it. You can configure it a bunch of different ways and due to the way it attaches it will accomplish your goal. It will add the full height of the grip to whatever stick height you start with

Vote #3 for Tosten grips. You install a collar on the end of the stick and the grip mounts into it, so you gain the entire length of the grip.

You can also purchase a new stick from Vans and cut to your desired length and use your current grip. Or get a Tosten military grip and have Midwest Panel Builders engrave the switch functions

IMG_8376.jpeg

Last edited:
The stick is welded on and getting a new grip was in the plan anyways at some point. I'll see how it goes with the Tosten and if I've still got length issues I'll consider putting in a new stick. Thanks folks.

Back