What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Green indicator LED on rocker switches

Piper J3

Well Known Member
The green indicator LED?s on my rocker switches are not working. The switches function correctly ? Master, Avionics, etc. but the green indicator lights remain off.

I have the D-180 out of the panel and sent back to Dynon for service and I?m currently troubleshooting / adjusting the stall warning switch. I have the fuel pump fuse temporarily pulled to eliminate fuel pump running during diagnostics.

Is there any connection between unplugged D-180 or pulled fuel pump fuse and the LED indicator lights on the rocker switches? From what I see, the LED is wired internally in the self-contained switch so if the switch has power the LED should be working.

The D-180 screen dimming control also controls the dimming of the cockpit light and switches.
If the D-180 is not installed the lighting will not work.

I had the same problem with no LEDs until I installed the software update a couple of years ago. I think it was 5.5. As I recall they still go out when my autopilot switch is turned off.

Back