What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Great day at KCUB

RVRC

Well Known Member
Great day at KCUB (7th annual KCUB RV fly-in)

It was a great day at the 7th annual KCUB RV fly-in! Weather was perfect and we had people from several states make the trip. Thanks to every one that participated and making this another successful fly-in. Attendance was down some from the last two years, but we know of about 12 RVs from Team RV that were preparing for their performance at Sun-N-Fun and didn't get to make it. The burgers and dogs were the best we have had and plenty to drink. Eagle Aviation offered $.50 discount on fuel and they had a drawing for $100 for anyone that had ordered fuel. Doug, from Asheville, NC, was the winner of that. He and his wife flew in, ate lunch, fueled up and left with more money than they came with. Not too bad!! Overall, we had about 30 RVs (not counting the projects on display) and a few other planes. If you missed it, be sure and make it next year. Here is a link to some of the pictures I took and I think some others may be posting pictures here as well.

https://picasaweb.google.com/RVRCMO...authkey=Gv1sRgCJ2y3M-MlcPC9QE&feat=directlink

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm bummed we missed it this year. I was looking forward to coming down and giving you and Mike another ride.

Sorry you didn't make it, too! Looked for you all day. Hope all is well with and the family. Stop in soon.

Robert, all is great with Nora and the mini-me. We went to a birthday party for the son of some friend's three year-old.

We need to get down there and catch with you and Gail. That and I promised James I would show him how I did my cowling and intake.

We didn't know about it!

....never even saw it mentioned on here!

I check Van's daily and if you do, then you saw my announcement of our catfish fry next Saturday, huh?

Best,

Hey Pierre. We didn't start a seperate thread, but it has been on the VAF calendar since January. Next time we will start a thread a few days before. I did see your thread about the catfish fry and would love to be there, but I think i am working that weekend. I will mention it to the others though. We missed you.

I made it out this year but I too knew nothing about until Saturday morning when a couple of RV guys mentioned they were heading over there.

It was a fun trip. The approach in over the city is quite nice.

Thanks for coming, Jamie. We will have to do a better job of advertising next year. We usually have it one to two weeks before SNF.

Back