What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Great building day

Jeff R

Well Known Member
I took a vacation day to do some airplane building and, mostly, take delivery of my finishing kit. I ordered the kit on the last day of January to beat the price increase, but the shipping was delayed a bit as I later ordered the firewall forward kit plus the battery, some wire and some other items, so they could all be shipped together and save shipping expenses. I waited until almost the last possible minute to make my final engine choice and place the firewall forward order.

I do recommend combining orders if you can. Shipping via Bax Global for all of this to Florida was about $430.

So, this afternoon I got to see my future canopy, groan at the pink cowling, delight at picking through the firewall forward items, and smell the rubber from the tires and tubes.

I am not quite ready for either kit, but I think having both on hand will be helpful as I proceed. It will also give me extra incentive to keep plugging ahead.

Back